If you are a resident, tourist, journalist, daydreamer, maverick, expat or a djinn in Delhi and have stories to tell about this city. Then we will weave those ideas into digital dreams with our electronic wizardry.
In Delhi, stories can strike you anywhere...
You are swearing at the traffic and then you see something that gives a couple of laughs to your Delhi Belly.You meet someone who makes you fall “ainivayee” in love with this building, challenging, crumbling and challenging city. You are navigating your way around the pit holes in some bazaar and watch some new “jugaad” phenomenon that irons out the frowns on your face.
And, if you can’t wait to tell the story, then pitch your ideas to us.
We will pick three best story ideas and will train you to make your own video features. Your stories will be played at TLR (Hauz Khas village, Delhi) on the 24th April in a gala event and will be broadcasted on www.bringhomestories.com
And, if you turn out to be super creative and cool you can join the talented Bring Home Stories team. So, this is your chance to live the Delhi dream!
Francis Elliott: South Asia Editor, The Times
Mary Lockhart: Emmy award winning journalist/producer with twenty years of work experience. She has worked with CBS, NBC and PBS (Public Broadcasting Services)
Jehangir Pocha: Editor, NewsX TV channel
Vandana Verma: Lifestyle Editor, Time Out, Delhi
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/schoolofconvergence or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write the story idea. The topic could be anything related to travel, culture, small business, environment, inspiration and the list goes on.The last date of submissions is 5th April 2011
- Wait for the judgement day. We will look at the most “liked” entries on facebook and from this list our esteemed judges will pick up three finalists.
You will be trained in making your film by award winning, internationally acclaimed video professionals. The training will take place at 9.9 School of Convergence, Delhi.
You will have a camera crew that will shoot your idea. You will be trained to write your script and then you will sit with a technical editor to edit your film.
Big TROPHY: The winner of this contest will get a paid internship at www.bringhomestories.com
Day 1: Pre-production training
This involves writing a treatment and planning your shoot
Day 2: Shooting in the field
Day 3: Logging and scripting
Day 4: Voice-over and editing
1 extra day for fine tuning
By the end of this process you will have a 3-4 mins feature in hand
The Finale Event will be hosted on 24th April at TLR and programmed by WWYYZZZRRDDZ,TLR’s resident audiovisual team. The winning films be played at the venue and TLR will give complimentary drinks and dinner for the three winners and the shortlisted candidates will get free drinks.To add to the charm, there will be a LIVE Anchor contest. The winner will be decided by our celebrity judges and he/she will get a paid assignment on www.bringhomestories.com
- The Bring, it on Delhi! Contest is open to anyone above 18 years of age.
- One Entry is allowed per contestant
- The top three winners will have one day to shoot and one day to edit their films
- The three winners will get one day training in the pre-production and the production process.
- The training and editing of the stories will take place at School of convergence and winners will be responsible for reaching on their own.
- The copyright of the stories will be with www.bringhomestories.com and no sale of the content can be made by the winners.
SoC had some of the best teachers and the most interesting classes. For the first time in my life, I truly enjoyed education. Mahima Gupta
During my stint at ESPN Star, I worked on the convergence of editorial content for website, mobile and WAP – true to the spirit of SoC! Ranbir Majumdar